When hiring an architect, look beyond the portfolio to the culture of the firm.
When hiring an architect, the design work of the firm is clearly important. But beyond the portfolio and client list is something that should also be considered - the company’s culture. Every space designed by ALSC is focused on the well-being of people and enhancing their environment; and the same can be said about the culture of our firm.
ALSC respects, values and develops the talents of every employee. Our workplace is one of collaboration, education and camaraderie; encouraging open, honest communication and the exchange of ideas. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes the following:
Collaborative Teams and Work Environment
- Design dialogues.
- After Hours "Pixels and Pints" design discussions.
- Open office floor plan and layout organized by project teams.
- Creative work and meeting spaces designed for collaboration.
Education and Professional Development
- In-house workshops, training and continuing education.
- Weekly professional development meetings.
- Support for specialized education and training.
- Membership dues and meeting costs for local and state professional organizations.
- Project tours.
- Model of servant leadership.
- Programs that empower employees.
- Career paths for growth and promotion.
- Internal and external leadership and mentoring opportunities.
- ALSC and our employees are active leaders and partners in our community.
- Involved in dozens of community and philanthropic groups and organizations.
Benefits and Wellness
- ALSC cares about the health and wellness of our employees and their families.
- Health and dental care coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Profit Sharing Retirement Fund and 401K Plan.
- Company wellness activities and events.
- Company-sponsored family events.
- Sports teams – softball and Bloomsday.
- Charitable team building events.
- Sports and social events with consultants and business partners.
- At Play activities - potlucks, holiday events and parties.
- Traditions – celebrations and contests (holiday parties, bid pools and T-shirt contests).