This Feasibility/Pre-Design Study assessed Hartung Theater with a primary focus on the theater equipment, furnishings, seating and patron circulation within the auditorium. A secondary focus was on the lobby and its ability to handle 250 patrons during pre-functions, intermission and receptions. A concept design and construction budget were developed that included a phased approach to the renovation work. In addition, a program was developed that identifies the following prioritized list of improvements:
• Auditorium equipment including new seats, stage curtains and upgrades to stage light fixtures.
• Finish upgrades and new house lights in the existing lobby and auditorium space.
• An upgrade to the fire separation between the scene shop and stage.
• An expanded lobby for 250 patrons including accessible toilet facilities.
• Remodel of other lobby spaces including concessions, box office and mezzanine access.
• Elevator access for backstage shop and storage spaces.
• Improved accessibility.
©2019 ALSC Architects. Site Design ©2019 Klündt | Hosmer. All Rights Reserved.